What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, email address and phone number;
- your VerdeTax.com user ID and password (if applicable);
- any account-preference information you provide us;
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in.
- financial and personal information connected to filing and supporting a tax return on your
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other sale or disposition of all or a portion of VerdeTax's assets. as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of VerdeTax, its users, or others;
- to any of our service contractors including the providers which perform certain actions for the income tax returns processing;
- to people needed to ensure the purpose compliance with laws and regulations.
You can update, verify or delete personal data
You shall inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”).
We will review our databases on a periodic basis, and shall delete data that is outdated, inaccurate, or no longer necessary.
To see the information we have about you, to request a copy of your personal data or to have your Personal Data updated, changed or removed from our database, you can contact us.
VerdeTax.com uses "cookies" to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the VerdeTax.com Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.