Individual clients Corporate clients
New Zealand flag, burned paper,

General info

If you have worked in New Zealand in the last 10 years, you are due a refund. Its exact amount depends on your visa type and length of stay. We are here to help you get it back!

Most people who work in New Zealand pay income tax through the Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE) system. Through this system the employers are withholding Income Tax and ACC earners' levy. There are many factors that may influence the amount of these taxes and result in over payment.
Kiwi under fern plant, New Zealand symbol

What we can refund

Let our experts take care of your tax matters! No need to waste time, worry and deal with the Tax Authorities – we will do it all for you! We can help you refund your income tax.
Fern plant, New Zealand symbol

Needed documents

In order to apply for you tax refund, we will need the following documents frоm you:
  • Copy of your Summary of Earnings or a final cumulative pay slip from each employer – we can use either your Summary of Earnings or your payslip to file apply for your refund.
Summary of Earnings is a form you should receive from the New Zealand tax office (Inland Revenue) at the end of the tax year. It shows your earnings from each of your employers and the taxes that were withheld from you. You should receive your Summary of Earnings by mid-July.

A pay stub or a pay slip is the weekly, biweekly or monthly document which you received along with your weekly or monthly pay check. To prepare your tax declaration we need the final pay slip / pay stub you got from each employer.
  • Copy of your passport / ID card – we need them in order to confirm your personal details and citizenship.

  • Completed and signed VerdePack – this is our company set of documents. We will need you to fill it in, sign and send it to us, so we can start your refund process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for tax refund from New Zealand


  • When will I get my refund?
Usually, it takes 22 to 26 weeks for the Tax Authorities to issue your refund.
  • When should I apply for my refund?
The documents can be filed after the end of the tax year.
  • What the duration of the tax year?
In New Zealand the tax year starts on 1st of April and ends on 31st of March the following year.
  • For which years I can claim a refund?
At the moment you can still claim refund for tax year 2004 (ending 31st of March 2004).
  • What if I don't have all the documents necessary to apply?
We can get the missing documents for you. Please, contact us and we will walk you through the process.
  • What is a IRD Number?
The IRD Number is a unique 8- or 9-digit tax number used to identify each taxpayer. It is issued once in a lifetime and has no expiration date. You can find the number on your payslips and on any correspondence received from the Tax Authorities.
  • Can I apply without a tax file number?
It is possible, but the process might take longer.
  • If I don't get a refund, do I owe you a fee?
You pay no up-front fee. We will deduct a fee once the refund is received. If a refund is not received there is no fee due.
  • Do you guarantee my refund?
We are unable to guarantee the initially estimated refund amount, we apply for the maximum the law allows but the final decision belongs to the Tax Authorities.
Kiwi bird, tax refund process in New Zealand

The refund process

Register through our website and send us the necessary documents. Our team of experts processes your information in 24 hours and submit it to the tax authorities. Once the tax office receives your documents, it takes 5-6 months to issue your refund. Once we have the refund, our financial department needs 10 to 14 working days to process the payment and send you the refund.

Tax Refund Process, VerdeTax

Apply now

Or, please, fill in carefully and with Latin letters.
Go to Top

VerdeTax reviews and statistics
42 560
Ekaterina Petkova Здравейте, Парите са в сметката ми. Благодаря за коректната услуга! Поздрави.
28 September 2023
< >
13 715 338
© 2024 Copyright -